-
August 9th, 2001, 06:35 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Actually it may not just a nizo problem, but at the beginnings of shots, I get a momentary lap in focus as if the film moves slightly from the gate as it's gaining momentum. It's only a few frames but I'm more than aware of it. It happens with neg and reversal.
------------------
PRM
-
August 9th, 2001, 04:34 PM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
What's funny is, somebody out there probably wants that "effect" for their music video project!
This reminds me of a rental "Give me back my money because the camera was defective" story.
The filmmaker's rental camera had some type of strange "defect" or effect on the film...don't remember what it was....but the filmmaker really made a big deal out of the "defect" and the film stock and developing charges they incurred".
It turns out, the "effect" was used over and over in their music video! They loved the effect...
.....and presumeably got a big discount on their camera rental.
So, you may be able to turn this temporary blur "effect" into a creative tool for your filmmaking.
Especially if you plan on making music videos or commercials.
If it happens whenever you start the camera...You may discover that doing auto-exposure aperture shifts while rapidly fading lights in as you start the camera may enhance the effect.
Perhaps doing a swish pan as you start the camera but then instantly locking off the shot via the tripod head creates a neat effect.
And Rack Focuses may also take on a new dimension.
I'd take one roll of super-8 and do nothing but practice your take-offs and landings (starting and stopping the camera) with this effect in mind.
Now, if you notice the effect changes over time.....lets say it takes longer and longer for the film to become focused after you start the camera, than the camera will probably need servicing.
I don't know if the "effect" as it exists at this present moment in time is already an indicator that you need servicing.
Anyone have a clue?
-Alex
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited August 11, 2001).]
-
August 12th, 2001, 05:42 PM
#3
Inactive Member
nope, my 801macro does'nt do that. I really think Guy parker might be able to help you on this one.
-
August 14th, 2001, 04:13 PM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
I seem to recall seeing what you are talking about with sound cameras when using sound film....but I doubt you are doing both in this day in age.
-Alex
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks